New non-executive director appointment
We would like to welcome Norman Bone as a new Non-executive Director to the Board of Sheffield Forgemasters.
Norman, an experienced CEO and Chair with a proven track record in delivering financial results, formerly held post as Chair of aerospace giant, Leonardo UK Ltd, where he was responsible for all three UK division; electronics, helicopters, and security.
The appointment will see Janice Munday, who has been with the business since 2016, step down, and we thank her for the invaluable support and guidance she has given to the Board over this period.
Non-Executive Director, Norman Bone.
With a wealth of experience in engagement with UK Government, MOD and UK Security agencies, Norman will support the Board as we drive forward with our recapitalisation programme, to support UK defence programmes.
His background also includes implementation of culture change and new working practices within manufacturing operations, and he brings experience from the top tier of management at BAE Systems and global drinks company, Diageo.
Norman joins with immediate effect and strengthens our highly capable senior team.
The Board of Directors at Sheffield Forgemasters consists of:
- Sir Tim Fraser, Chair (ex Vice Chief of Defence Staff)
- Patrick Butcher, Non-Executive Director (former CFO of Network Rail)
- Andrew McNaughton, Non-Executive Director (former CEO of Balfour Beatty)
- Julie Colgan, Non-Executive Director (Executive Director at UKGI)
- Norman Bone, Non-Executive Director (ex-Chair and CEO of Leonardo UK)
- David Bond, Chief Executive Officer
- Gareth Barker, Chief Operating Officer
- Amy Grey, Chief Finance Officer