Ingot Product Availability
Research into ingot product development has resulted in the availability of a wide range of ingot sizes. Particular emphasis has been given to long round ingot development for rolled rings, shorter length sizes suitable for seamless tube extrusion and a range of octagonal and multi-fluted forging ingots to meet the needs of the open die forging market.
Typical materials produced include Engineering Carbon, Alloy and Stainless Steel in a variety of grades. The range of ingots available vary in weight from 1.5 tonnes to 285 tonnes in octagonal, multifluted and round sections.
Key Facilities - Ingot
- 100 tonne Birlec Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) equipped with Sliding Gate Tap Hole (for slag free tapping)
- 100 tonne Finkl Vacuum Argon Degassing Unit (VAD)
- 90 tonne Vacuum Oxygen Decarburising Unit (VOD)
- Vacuum Tanks for stream degassing ingots up to 285 tonnes
- Casting bay with shallow pit, deep pit, air cast and argon shroud facilities
- Hot Boxes, fully insulated for slow cooling ingots after teeming
- Annealing furnaces for annealing of ingots