Floods flash through Forgemasters
05 July 2007
Photographs of the huge floods at Sheffield Forgemasters
From left to right, top to bottom:
- The road and roundabout under water!
- Photograph showing the level of water at the main entrance to Sheffield Forgemasters, cutting off the exit from the site. The flower beds are floating away.
- Inside the melt shop – the casting pits are flooded completely.
- After the water level has dropped – the oil and sludge left behind.
- Photograph showing the 'tidemark' at the main entrance to Sheffield Forgemasters.
- Part of the machine shop showing the sludge and dirt left behind after the water level had dropped.
- Wooden casting pattern floating down Brightside Lane.