- Sheffield Forgemasters Engineering Limited (SFEL) has manufactured autoclave reactor vessels for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) since its earliest development in the 1930’s. More than 120 units have been installed worldwide.
- As the size of pressure vessels has increased, the range of units manufactured has broadened to include different hot isostatic (HIP) and cold isostatic (CIP) applications.
- The company’s integrated manufacturing facilities allow pressure vessel designers to oversee the manufacture and full assembly of pressure vessels on the premises prior to despatch.
- Hydraulic testing is carried out in-house using purpose built facilities for testing up to 70 kpsi. The maximum length for hydraulic test is approximately 65 feet (19 metres).
- We also provide a refurbishment and reconditioning service for existing units. This includes stress relieving, re-machining and hydraulic testing to allow further insurance company operational licencing.
- SFEL is developing pressure vessels for new applications in then oil and gas sector. As the offshore industry is driven to exploit reserves in more hostile conditions we are developing autoclaves for the design and testing of new down hole technologies.