- Sheffield Forgemasters Engineering Limited (SFEL) supplies cast and forged components for various power generation industries including fossil, nuclear and hydro plants.
- SFEL has a notable heritage in the manufacture of rotor forgings for steam turbine generator units.
- SFEL has the capability to manufacture HP/IP/LP and generator shafts for all but the largest nuclear turbines.
- We have twenty years’ manufacturing experience for components in 10%Cr steels for super critical turbine applications. In addition we are continuing to develop alloy steels to meet the higher in-service temperatures required in the next generation of high efficiency turbines.
- We have been making hydro power plant components for over a hundred years. We have established a strong reputation for the supply of finish machined turbine and generator shafts for global projects, including those in Switzerland, China, Russia, USA, Canada, UK and Brazil. The machining skills in SFEL have been enhanced by the continuous programme of investment in cutting edge machining technology.
- For the large and complex cast pieces required in hydro power plants SFEL has the largest UK foundry capacity, capable of making crowns, bands, blades and stay rings.
- In addition to the hydro parts SFEL has a track record in the manufacture of cast casings and valves for fossil fuelled power stations and pumps for nuclear applications. SFEL is currently supplying the RCP pump casings for the AP1000 design of nuclear power station.
- All of our steel requirements are melted to order by our in-house melting facility. This has the versatility to melt carbon, alloy and stainless steels to meet the increased demands for performance and quality from the modern power industry.
- SFEL is currently working with global companies in the renewable energy sector on next generation offshore wind power, tidal and wave turbines.