- Sheffield Forgemasters Engineering Limited (SFEL) has a long history, over 150 years, of supplying forged and cast mechanical equipment for Navies around the world.
- The company now produces critical components for defence applications including large A-brackets and rudder horns for surface ships, torpedo tubes, hull penetrations and valves for the Astute class nuclear submarines.
- The Sheffield Forgemasters Group is an approved supplier of high strength NQ1 and HY steel grades which meet the current and future requirements of the Royal Navy and US Navy.
- Our technical skills and expertise are in demand from the modern Naval defence industry. For example enhanced material technologies for steering components, and the manufacture of propulsion and stern tube shafts up to 22 metres in length.
- We also provide weld cladding services , finish machining and pressure testing for a range of cast and forged components.
- Rolls Royce and SFEL are collaborating on the development of components for the UK future nuclear submarine programme. Sheffield Forgemasters is the principal supplier to Rolls Royce of safety critical components for the submarine programme.