- Production of forged steel back up rolls ranging from 5 to 170 tonnes finished weight
- Leading supplier of rolls for use in ferrous and non ferrous applications; both hot and cold rolling.
- Typical roll materials are 3%, 4% and 5% CrMoV steels. These are differentially or conventionally hardened and supplied in the turned and finish ground condition.
- Neck rings and bearing sleeves can be fitted where required.
- Production of back up rolls with a maximum barrel diameter of 2.2 metres and a maximum overall length of 20 metres can be achieved.
- Tandem mill rolls can be produced up to a maximum weight of 60 tonnes. The maximum finished weight limit for plate mill rolls is 170 tonnes.
- Tandem mill back-up roll can be supplied with barrel hardness levels within the range 55 to 75 Shore C. Surface hardness is constant throughout the working life of the roll.
- Plate mill back-up roll can be supplied with barrel hardness levels within the range 50 to 55 Shore C. Surface hardness is constant throughout the working life of the roll.
- The tempered bainitic shell on Selas treated tandem mill back-up rolls offers high wear resistance with the pearlitic core giving improved ductility.